Bishop’s Cellar is seeking a part time (20-30 hours per week) retail sales person. Tucked away on the Halifax Waterfront, Bishop’s Cellar has been providing world class wines to Nova Scotians since 2003. The sales team at this award winning, boutique wine shop possess exceptional product knowledge and excel working in a high paced environment while providing extraordinary customer service.
We are looking for an individual who will go out of their way to provide all customers with an exemplary shopping experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet customers in a courteous, friendly manner as soon as they enter store.
- Familiarize customer with store as required; assist customer in finding what they are looking for.
- Enhance the customer’s experience by providing information on products in store.
- Restock shelves, ensuring merchandise is neat and fully stocked.
- Maintain store cleanliness; dusting bottles, cleaning counters, sweeping and vacuuming floors.
- Process customer purchases accurately and in a timely manner.
- Balance cash/credit transactions at the end of shift.
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Knowledge of Wine, Beer and Spirits (Completion of Wine/Sprit/Beer educational training is an asset)
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift and carry boxes of merchandise weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Knowledge of POS systems a plus.
- Customer service experience necessary.
- Must have experience handling and balancing cash.
- High school diploma is required.
The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with others. Bishop’s Cellar offers good hourly wages, attractive benefits (employee discounts, potential for medical/health benefits) and educational opportunities in a great work space.
Please contact via email at email@example.com