Wine Appreciation Level 1: A 5 week course
Wine Appreciation Level 1 Outline
Wine can be intimidating but it doesn’t have to be. Over the next 5 weeks learn to identify the wine in your glass (never mistake a Pinot Grigio for a Chardonnay again), discover the many wine regions of the world and learn about what it takes to turn grapes into wine.
This class is open to all, from the enthusiastic beginner to the self-proclaimed connoisseur. It is suitable for casual wine drinkers, those that want to reconfirm their existing knowledge or anyone wanting to work, or working, in the food and beverage industry.
For registration & payment contact [email protected] or (902) 490-2675
Courses are $250 + HST per person.
Next class dates:
Wednesdays: November 7, 14, 21, 28 and December 5th.
CLASS #1: TASTING BASICS
- Learn the components of wine and how to smell, taste and evaluate what’s in your glass
CLASS #2: WHITE WINES
- All whites tonight: the varietals, the regions, techniques and styles
- Learn the basics of winemaking
CLASS #3: NEW WORLD RED WINES
- All Reds tonight:
- Overview of New World Regions and styles (Australia, New Zealand, California, Chile, Argentina, South Africa)
CLASS #4: OLD WORLD RED WINES
- All Reds again tonight:
- Overview of Old World Regions and styles (France, Spain, Italy)
CLASS #5: SPARKLING, BLIND TASTING & WINE AND FOOD
- Test your skills by attempting to identify the grape varietal and wine-growing region in a blind tasting
- Tonight’s wines will be paired with food – showcasing how the perfect wine and food pairing can provide an outstanding culinary experience