Wine Appreciation Level 1: A 5 week course
Wine Appreciation Level 1 Outline
Wine can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be!
Join our next 5-week wine appreciation class and you’ll learn to:
-identify the wine in your glass, never mistake a Pinot Grigio for a Chardonnay again!
-explore many wine regions of the world
-discover what it takes to turn grapes into wine
This class is open to all, from the enthusiastic beginner to the more experienced connoisseur. It is suitable for casual wine drinkers, those that want to reconfirm their existing knowledge, or anyone wanting to work, or working, in the food and beverage industry.
For registration & payment contact Alanna at 902. 490.2675 or reach out for more information here.
Courses are $250 + HST per person.
Next class dates:
Thursday evenings October 3, 10, 17th, 24 and November 7*, 2019.
*We will NOT have class on Thursday, October 31st and instead host our last class on Thursday, November 7th.
CLASS #1: TASTING BASICS
- Learn the components of wine and how to smell, taste and evaluate what’s in your glass
CLASS #2: WHITE WINES
- All whites tonight: the varietals, the regions, techniques and styles
- Learn the basics of winemaking
CLASS #3: NEW WORLD RED WINES
- All Reds tonight:
- Overview of New World Regions and styles (Australia, New Zealand, California, Chile, Argentina, South Africa)
CLASS #4: OLD WORLD RED WINES
- All Reds again tonight:
- Overview of Old World Regions and styles (France, Spain, Italy)
CLASS #5: SPARKLING, BLIND TASTING & WINE AND FOOD
- Test your skills by attempting to identify the grape varietal and wine-growing region in a blind tasting
- Tonight’s wines will be paired with food – showcasing how the perfect wine and food pairing can provide an outstanding culinary experience