Château Haut Brisson Saint-Emilion (750ml)

  • Wine Type

    Red Wine

  • Size


  • Vintage


  • Country


  • Region


  • Sub-Region

    Saint Emilion

  • Grape

    Cabernet FrancMerlot

  • Food Pairing

    Aged CheeseSteakGame

  • Farming Method

    OrganicAll of our products that are tagged with the term Organic are either organic certified or organic practicing. Learn More

Château Haut-Brisson is located on the limestone plateau of Saint-Etienne-de-Lisse and the gravelly hilltops of Saint-Sulpice de Faleyrens and spreads over 20 hectares.  Château Haut-Brisson is located south of the appellation on the 3 villages of Saint-Émilion, Saint-Sulpice de Faleyrens and Vignonet. The diversity of terroirs, combined with vines of an average age of 30-40 years, allows them to produce wines at optimum maturity that expresses the terroir.  

The property was acquired by Peter Kwok and his daughter Elaine in 1997 and was certified organic in 2010.  In 2019, Mr. Stéphane Schinazi, a Bordeaux native, acquired Château Haut Brisson from Vignobles K.  After a successful career in the field of technology, Mr. Schinazi wanted to shift his focus towards wine business and began a new chapter of his career.  

Tasting Notes

Dark, inky color, followed by aromas of black cherries, cassis, vanilla-spice along with stony minerals. Medium to full body, with a lovely, fine texture, giving it a sense of elegance. It remains beautifully balanced all the way through the velvety finish, leaving behind streaks of black fruits and mineral. This has the potential to last a decade, and will also be approachable early on. 


Produced from 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc grown on clay limestone soil with gravel and brown clay loam mixed in from the Saint Emilion Grand Cru Appellation.  The grapes are harvested by hand and fermented in a combination of stainless steel and Bordeaux barrels (about 10% of the harvest); 40% new oak with the remaining 60% of the barrels of various ages.  Malolactic fermentation and barrel ageing for about 15-18 months before release. 


Our Thoughts

So upon opening this wine, I knew it was going to be good. What I didn’t know is just how good it was going to be. This is perfectly aged Bordeaux that is simultaneously powerful and elegant, intensely flavoured yet subtle and nuanced. It’s the talk of the wine shop right now. Wine like this is precisely why Bordeaux wines are as revered as they are. If you’re a fan of fuller bodied reds, you absolutely need to try this!

A product image for Château Haut Brisson Saint-Emilion


Out of stock



There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Château Haut Brisson Saint-Emilion”