Lightfoot & Wolfville Gamay (750ml)
Lightfoot & Wolfville is owned and operated by the Lightfoot family who have been farming in the Annapolis Valley for eight generations. Lightfoot & Wolfville brings a light touch and enlightened approach to both the agricultural and artisanal aspects of viticulture and winemaking. They work in harmony with nature and letting the land offer up its innate best, without subjecting it to aggressive inputs. The winery is located on the home farm site, this land has been in Michael’s family for four generations.
Vibrant ruby in the glass. On the nose, notes of crushed raspberry, cranberry and potting soil are lightened by rose petal accents. Light bodied, yet plush in the mid-palate, with silky tannins and bright cold fruit flavours. Serve slightly chilled. Pairing suggestions include roast chicken, tuna tartare, grilled salmon and light picnic fare.
From a single acre of estate-grown Gamay Noir, hand-harvested from the Oak Island Vineyard in Avonport. Grown along the shores of the Minas Basin, where cool breezes moderate our growing environment, creating distinct wines with a strong sense of place and tidal influence. Harvested and hand-sorted on the 21st of October. The majority (80%) was left whole cluster for fermentation with indigenous yeasts and the remaining (20%) was crushed and destemmed. Aged for five months in stainless steel with full malolactic fermentation before bottling without sterile filtration.