Luca Beso de Dante (750ml)

  • Wine Type

    Red Wine

  • Country

    Argentina

  • Size

    750ml

  • Food Pairing

    CheeseLambRed Meat

  • Grape

    Cabernet FrancCabernet SauvignonMalbec

  • Region

    Mendoza

  • Sub-Region

    Uco Valley

  • Vintage

    2014

Laura Catena creates wines using some of Argentina’s best fruit from low-yield, high elevation vineyards in the Uco Valley.  Luca, named after her oldest son, is her brand that is dedicated to showing the potential of Argentina’s old vines.  The country has a wealth of old vineyards, that where historically  overcropped for bulk winemaking.  Laura Catena has been working with farmers to reduce their crop sizes and focus on growing healthy quality fruit.  The positive results are evident in the wines under the Luca label which are among the finest wines coming out of Argentina today. 

 

Tasting Notes

A blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Malbec, 15% Cabernet Franc.  The grapes are hand harvested, fermented and aged for 18 months in a combination of 50% new and 50% second fill French oak barrels.  The wine is bottled unfined and unfiltered.  Aromas and cassis, mint and smoke. The palate is medium bodied and classically structured with good concentration and density of red and blackcurrant fruit. The Cabernet fruit melds seamlessly with the Malbec, creating a well-structured and balanced blend with moderate tannins and a lengthy finish. 

I had two vintages to taste of the Cabernet/Malbec blend starting with the 2014 Beso de Dante from Vista Flores and Altamira in the Valle de Uco. In this vintage it was exactly 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Malbec and 10% Cabernet Franc, and it felt quite ripe, with aromas of prunes and dark cherries with an organic touch. The palate is medium to full-bodied with ripe, sweet tannins. 90pts Luis Gutierrez for Robert Parker Wine Advocate

A product image for Luca Beso de Dante

$69.00

*All prices include applicable taxes and bottle deposit.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Luca Beso de Dante”