Michele Calò & Figli Mjere Rosso (750ml)

  • Wine Type

    Red Wine

  • Size

    750ml

  • Vintage

    2020

  • Country

    Italy

  • Region

    Puglia

  • Sub-Region

    Lecce

  • Grape

    Negroamaro

  • Food Pairing

    Mediterranean dishesPulled porkPasta with Tomato Sauce

Michele Calò stands out as forerunner of high quality wines in what is known as the Salento peninsula, in the southern part of Puglia.  Michele Calò has been producing wine since 1954 in the province of Lecce.  Their vineyards are located in the most appropriate areas of the municipalities of Tuglie, Alezio, Parabita and Sannicolal.  Each location brings different characteristics to the wines.  Today, Michele’s sons, Fernando and Giovanni control the various phases of the activities developed and transmitted to them by their father.  They combine tradition and innovation in crafting wines that are distinctly southern Italian. 

Tasting Notes

Pronounced aromas of berries and plums.  The palate is medium to full, dry with a pleasant and and slightly bitter bite finish.  Good fruit concentration and smooth fine grained tannins.  This would pair wonderfully with Mediterranean dishes, grilled meats, aubergines.

Method

Made from bush trained Negroamaro grapes grown on red soil mixed with sand.  The grapes are picked by hand the last week in September. Traditional vinification with maceration lasting about 8 days.  70% of the wine ages in stainless steel vats, the remaining 30% in oak barrels for about 12 months before blending.  The finished wine rests another 6 months in bottle before being put on the market. 

New!
A product image for Michele Calò & Figli Mjere Rosso

$36.00

*All prices include applicable taxes and bottle deposit.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Michele Calò & Figli Mjere Rosso”