Tscharke Shiraz Shiraz Shiraz (750ml)

  • Wine Type

    Red Wine

  • Size

    750ml

  • Vintage

    2020

  • Country

    Australia

  • Region

    South Australia

  • Sub-Region

    Barossa Valley

  • Grape

    Cabernet SauvignonShiraz

  • Farming Method

    Biodynamic Learn More

  • ABV

    14.5%

  • Food Pairing

    SteakGameLamb

  • Vegan Friendly

    Yes

Tscharke’s winery can be found at their Stone Well vineyard (one of three estate vineyards) in Marananga, Barossa Valley. Certified organic and vegan friendly, their first release was back in 2001 and focused on old World winemaking techniques, with both red and white wine. Growing everything from Australian classics like Shiraz and Mataro to Montepulciano and Albarino, the soils of the Western Ridge aere some of the oldest in Barossa Valley- something that’s not lost on the Tscharke family. Continuing practices that are organic and working towards biodynamic farming are at the forefront of their philosophy, with the health of their land and vines being a top priority. 

Tasting Notes

Dense, inky red colour with a purple rim. The nose is layered, complex, and seductive with great intensity and balance between ripe red to dark fruit and spicy undertones. The wine is upfront in its every aspect but elegantly put together so that the palate remains fresh and incredibly drinkable. The tannins are persistent and savoury, the finish long and rounded. It’s hard not to drink it, but this Shiraz will reward those patient enough to cellar it for the next 5 years.  

Method

This is a blend of the family’s three Estate vineyards, aptly named Shiraz Shiraz Shiraz. Made up of 70% Shiraz and 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, the fruit was picked at night with 95% of it destemmed into concrete and open top fermenters, the remaining 5% whole bunch fermented for added complexity and texture. After a warm 10 day ferment, the wines were pressed, racked off gross lees and allowed to undergo malolactic fermentation in tank. The wines were racked and aged for a further 12-15 months in French hogsheads (15% new) before the final blend was assembled and bottled.

Sale!
A product image for Tscharke Shiraz Shiraz Shiraz

$30.00

*All prices include applicable taxes and bottle deposit.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Tscharke Shiraz Shiraz Shiraz”