Bishop’s Cellar is a leading specialty wine and spirits company and a proud member of the Halifax business community. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service, product innovation and education while supporting our local beverage industry.
- Employee Discount on Product Purchases
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Matching RRSP Program
- Wellness Program: Healthy Workplace Initiative with an Employee Health & Wellness Incentive Program.
Our retail team is growing! We are currently looking for a Store Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Consumer Experience, the Store Manager is responsible for providing ongoing leadership, support, and coaching to employees, while ensuring the efficient operation of the store location. The successful candidate will have a customer-centric approach to service, a natural ability to lead, and the ability to consistently create a positive customer and employee experience.
Core responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Recruiting, hiring, and training a diverse retail sales team.
- Managing employee scheduling and time reports.
- Lead, inspire and develop a team of highly customer service minded individuals.
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback with an emphasis on delivering first-rate customer service.
- Creating and facilitating training and setting sales objectives.
- Responsible for inventory control via physical counts, reconciling issues, and execution of inventory related processes.
- Oversee store operations, POS support, maintenance, merchandising and signage.
- Responsible for store security and responsible alcohol retailing.
- Ensure the retail store maintains a high standard of cleanliness at all times.
- Ability to resolve problems as they arise, such as customer complaints or employee concerns.
As a qualified candidate, you possess at least 2 years of management experience in a retail organization. You are a self-starter who shows initiative and thrives in a team environment. Energetic and enthusiastic you are a customer service champion with a proven track record of success. You are highly communicative with a natural ability to lead and inspire a diverse group of employees and customers. You have strong ideas and express them with confidence and certainty. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, adaptable and open to change. Previous wine, beer, and spirits education would be considered an asset but not a requirement. You must have a passion for wine and food. Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and weekends and some heavy lifting is required.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter by April 30th, 2021 to:
Kathryn Harding, Director Consumer Experience
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Bishop’s Cellar, 1477 Lower Water Street, Suite 6 Halifax NS, B3J 3Z4.