Bonterra Chardonnay (750ml)
OrganicAll of our products that are tagged with the term Organic are either organic certified or organic practicing. Learn More
LobsterMushroom dishesSeafood Pasta Dishes
Organically farmed, Bonterra Organic Vineyards attempts to optimize wines that are perfectly in tune with nature. Emerged in 1990, produced at the Fetzer winery in California’s Mendocino County- one of the early pioneers in organic viticulture in the state, Bonterra has since grown to become a top-selling brand of wine that uses 100% organic grapes. Dedicated to the principles of organic and sustainable agriculture, Bonterra has been farming organically for 30 years, and has implemented biodynamic practices for the last 20 years. With organic and biodynamic farming comes sustainability and to Bonterra, sustainability is about protecting not only the planet but also the staff and the local community from harm. In 2016, the Wine Enthusiast awarded Bonterra as its American Winery of the Year because of its commitment to organic farming and it’s quality of affordable wines. In 2021, Bonterra achieved Climate Neutral Certification.
On the nose, honey and lightly toasted almonds, followed by tropical aromas of pineapple, lemon and crème brulee. On the palate, those flavours come through with some added minerality. Pair with lobster, seafood pasta, or a variety of mushroom-focused dishes.
Made from 100% Chardonnay, 70% of the juice is fermented in a combination of French and American oak, which is allowed to undergo malolactic fermentation. The remaining 30% is fermented in stainless steel to preserve freshness. Aged mostly in previously-used or neutral oak; new oak was used for just 15% of the wine.