Chateau Guiraud Blanc Sec (750ml)

  • Wine Type

    White Wine

  • Size


  • Vintage


  • Country


  • Region


  • Sub-Region


  • Grape

    Sauvignon BlancSemillon

  • Farming Method

    OrganicAll of our products that are tagged with the term Organic are either organic certified or organic practicing. Learn More

  • ABV


  • Food Pairing


In 1766 Pierre Guiraud, a Bordeaux wine trader, bought the the estate.  Over the following 80 years, subsequent generations built the estate and it became  a Premier Grand Cru Classé in 1855.  It is located in the Sauternes appellation, next to the famous Château d’Yquem.  In 2006, Château Guiraud was purchased by Robert Peugeot and three wine makers: Olivier Bernard, Stephan Von Neipperg and Xavier Planty. Known and loved for its Premier Grand Cru Sauternes, Chateau Guiraud, displays another side of the vineyards potential with their dry white wine.   Chateau Guiraud converted to organic viticulture in 1996 and in 2011, it became the first 1st Grand Cru Classé of 1855 to receive its certification for organic agriculture.  Château Guiraud focus on the two main white grape grape varieties of Bordeaux: Sémillon and Sauvignon Blanc. There are 100 hectares of vines, of which 15 are used for the production of the dry wine G de Guiraud.  Their, the soil is of 80% of gravel and sandy soil and 20% of gravel and clay. The sub-soils are mostly composed of sand. 

Tasting Notes

Fruity and floral, it reveals a lively mouth and flavours of acacia and white fruits.  The wine has a lovely balance of bright acidity with a creamy mouthfilling richness. Peach, melon and salted butter notes, the finish hints at macadamia nut.  The oak is seamlessly integrated and does in on way distract from the wine’s freshness or fruit. 

G of Château Guiraud is a dry white wine of Bordeaux Appellation. Its wine reveals a rich expression and a confident personality. It is made from ripe grapes. Its high level of sauvignon blanc firms the style of the property. The G represents the front door into the Château Guiraud brand.  – Luc Planty, Director of Chateau Guiraud


Made from Sauvignon Blanc (70%) and Semillon (30%) from vines grown on 80% sandy gravels, 20% clay gravels.  The subsoils are deep translucent sand, pure gravels crossed by red clay and limestone marls, fossilized oyster beds and red and white clay.  The grapes are hand harvested is 6kg baskets baskets and fermented in 80% in oak barrels that have been previously used for making Sauternes. The remaining 20% of the must is fermented in stainless steel tanks. Fermentation lasts for about 3 weeks and undergoes malolactic if  the vintage requires.  The wine then ages for an average of 7 months in barrels with regular lees stirring.

A product image for Chateau Guiraud Blanc Sec


Out of stock


You may also like...

Express Shipping!For select shipping postal codes, this product may be eligible for Express Delivery! Click here to learn more.
Express Shipping!For select shipping postal codes, this product may be eligible for Express Delivery! Click here to learn more.


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Chateau Guiraud Blanc Sec”