Saint Cosme Gigondas (750ml)

  • Wine Type

    Red Wine

  • Size


  • Vintage


  • Country


  • Region


  • Sub-Region


  • Grape


  • Farming Method

    OrganicAll of our products that are tagged with the term Organic are either organic certified or organic practicing. Learn More

  • ABV


  • Food Pairing


  • Vegan Friendly


In the heart of the appellation Gigondas, the Château de Saint Cosme is an exceptional estate, with its Gallo-Roman fermentation vats perfectly preserved.  The property has been in the Barruol family since 1490 and they have been vignerons for 14 generations.  Louis Barruol has been in charge of Domaine Saint Cosme since 1992.  They have 15 has of old vines (average 60 years old) with a yield of around 27Hos/Ha and also are negociants-vignerons where they work closely with growers and purchase fruit before harvest.   Saint Cosme is exceptionally located at the crossing of two geological faults, which is very rare; this gives the site an extraordinary diversity of soils. The microclimate is cool and late ripening.  The Saint Cosme’s Chapel, located in the heart of their estate vineyard in Gigondas is a pure example of roman art; built at the XI and XII century it exemplifies purity, balance and beauty and gives an intense and special atmosphere to the vineyard.  Louis Barruol carries out the work “à la main”.  They practice organic viticulture and strive to make wines which express their terroir with purity and personality; they are balanced wines with a great ability to age.

Tasting Notes

The wine shines with aromas of ripe strawberries, raspberries moving towards plum, fig, violet and cracked pepper. Full and balanced with rich dark fruit and savoury flavours and subtle stone and earth-like notes.  The palate is opulent and round with well integrated fine tannins and a long pleasing finish.  Enjoy this classic and refined Gigondas with lamb shanks, braised meats and casseroles or homeade sausages.  


A blend of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre and Cinsault aged for 12 months in a combination of 1-4 year old barrels ranging from 1-4 years old and (70%) and the remaining 30% of the wine is aged in neutral concrete vats. Grapes sourced from 25 different plots are co-fermented rather then blended after separate fermentation.

A product image for Saint Cosme Gigondas


*All prices include applicable taxes and bottle deposit.



There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Saint Cosme Gigondas”