This white blend (Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, Grenache Blanc, Carignan Blanc) from Southern France overdelivers on many fronts. It is organic and biodynamic, has an inviting aroma of fresh white flowers and ripe stone fruit, the palate has a great texture showing stone fruit and minerality. This is an incredibly drinkable wine that will appeal to a range of palates and easily pair with a variety of foods as it strikes a balance between aromatic intensity and freshness. The great price point is an added bonus.
Assistant Retail Manager
Bodegas Carballal possesses some of the oldest Albarino vines in Rias Biaxas. The majority of this naturally made, low sulfur wine comes from those plots. Many many years ago, producers in the area would sell their wine without a label and wrapped in old newsprint.
This wine greets you with a slight frizzante kiss but has incredible texture thanks to its aging on the lees. A perfect wine to accompany your next seafood feast!Read more about Jason
Wine Category Manager
MDV Lamrusco Classica is NOT the Lambrusco you may remember from decades ago, The sweet, bulk wine is gone and has been replaced by a more vibrant modern style. Cherry, plum and black licorice compliment the perfect balance between acidity and a touch of sweetness (10 grams of RS per liter) Frothy and very easy to drink when served chilled (like you would with any sparkling wine). Pair it with something salty like a barbecued pepperoni pizza..
Brand, Communications & Event Manager
There’s been lots of buzz about this delicious local wine in pretty little cans and I am 100% loving it so this summer. Zippy, fresh and just a little funky- this is such a delightful style for warm weather. Plus, I like to stay busy outdoors in the summer months so the format is perfect to fancy up a campsite meal or to throw in a cooler for an impromptu beach picnic after a day at the office. Summer (and pet nat) forever!
Read more about Jenny
Sommelier and Retail Manager
The Borgogno estate has been around for 250 years and is known for making long lived Barolo that is aged in traditional large Slavonian oak casks. The tradition and sustainable farming practices make for a great story but also they make for an exceptional wine. Not your typical light bodied Barbera this wine is intense on the nose and the palate. The aromas of plum, cherry and baking spice carry through to the flavours of the palate. The Palate is velvety and lush without feeling heavy. I enjoyed this with a group of friends on a Friday night and we loved it so much we got more for Saturday night!Read more about Kathryn
We brought this wine in for our Rare & Fine show this past winter and it was a hit! Grosjean has been producing organic wine in the Italian Alps for nearly 5 decades, specializing in Indigenous varieties such as Fumin, Cornalin, Premetta, and Petite Arvine, as well as the not-so-local, Gamay. This wine is made from the Swiss varietal: Petite Arvine. Utilizing natural yeasts, 30% of the wine was left to ferment and mature in a mix of old and new French oak. The other 70% left in stainless. There is great freshness and vibrancy balanced nicely with a round texture. Expect a floral mix of stone fruits, honey, and a mineral finish with lasting concentration. A wine that punches above its price point!Read more about Lucas
The 2018 Miranius is a beautiful expression of the Xarel-lo grape varietal, one most commonly seen in the sparkling wine production from this region. Miranius is a fantastic still wine from the producers of renowned Cava Recaredo. Celler Credo are certified organic and biodynamic and as such allow their wines to show the expression of terroir as much as possible.
Aromatically more delicate, with light citrus, stone fruit and light toasty notes. Extremely fresh and lively on the palate with a lovely undertone of minerality, this had me instantly dreaming of fresh fish and seafood. The perfect pairing for fresh summer meals, salads, grilled vegetables, and lighter protein.Read more about Martha
Legend has it this vermouth owes its name to stockbrokers in Turin ordering a measure of vermouth with a half measure of amaro. Punt e Mes is a more assertive (read: bitter) vermouth than your average, but you get a lot of flavour along with that added bitterness. It’s great on the rocks or as an aperitif with seltzer or sparkling wine but shines the brightest in a myriad of Negroni and Manhattan variations that will breathe new life into old favourites.